Join us this Saturday, September 22nd, at the Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum’s Breukelen Country Fair!
We’ll be out at the Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum from 1-6pm, celebrating the arrival of autumn with lots of fun harvest-themed activities:
- * Try your hand at silk-screening with the Brooklyn Hi Art Machine
- * Learn how to quilt with renowned Brooklyn quilter Donna Rae
- * Artist Christina Kelly will unearth the facts about Heritage Seeds with hands on demonstrations
- * Get the real scoop on composting with the Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s NYC Compost Project
- * Herbalist Brandi Ryans will show you how to infuse your own oils with herbs from the Wyckoff Farmhouse’s own garden
- * Find out how easy it is to brew your own Kombucha tea at home with Kombucha Party
- * Plant some sprouts and herbs with Sustainable Flatbush
- * In the spirit of celebrating urban agriculture, grab some grub with local farmers of East New York Farms
- * Pop some corn kernels over the fire pit for an old fashioned treat
- * Don’t miss out on the Bluegrass jam or lay back and listen to some good old Americana music by The Golden Bones
Let’s not forget the little ones:
- * Get your face painted like your favorite farm animal by celebrated tattoo artist, Sophie C’est la Vie
- * Hang out with your favorite veggie puppets including Suzy Sweetpea and Colby Carrot with the Super Sprowtz
- * Don’t miss the PuppetMobile’s current production of “Bessie’s Big Shot” at 2:00pm
- * Play old fashioned carnival games for prizes or make some fall crafts to take home
- * Come press your own apple cider and churn butter from scratch
- * Dig into Brooklyn’s Dutch roots at the pop-up museum and take a tour of New York City’s oldest house!
Fun for all ages!
Breukelen Country Fair
Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum
5816 Clarendon Road, Brooklyn NY [map]
Saturday September 22nd, 1-6pm