News from Stacey McCarthy, director of the Cortelyou Greenmarket:
Hello Flatbush Community –
New this Sunday at the Cortleyou Greenmarket will be eggs and chicken from Knoll Krest Farms in Hyde Park, NY. Jorge Carmona of Amantai Farms will be bringing asparagus and strawberries, plus his lettuce, spinach, greens, zucchini, honey and other items.
Curious about composting? Stop by the greenmarket table between 9am to 1pm and check out Bruni Torras’ worm composting demonstration. See the worms in action and a sample outdoor composting bin.
Farmers in June 8th:
* Hodgson’s, Walden, NY — plants, rose bushes, HERBS
* Red Jacket Orchard’s, Geneva, NY — apples, rhubarb, juices
* Knoll Crest Farm, Hyde Park, NY — Eggs and chickens
* Jorge Carmona, Breinigsville, PA — asparagus, strawberries, lettuce, spinach, greens, zucchini, honey
* Bread Alone, Boiceville, NY — bread, pies, muffins
* Meredith’s Bakery, Kingston, NY — bread, pies, muffins
Coming next week
* Muddy River Farm, New Hampton, NY — Vegetables
* El Mirador Farm, New Jersey — Vegetables
The market is located on Cortelyou Road between Argyle and Rugby Streets. We’re open from 8am to 4pm.
See you Sunday. Thanks so much, Stacey