Don’t throw it away! Bring it to the
sponsored by Sustainable Flatbush and Freecycle™ New York City
Saturday, May 9, 2009
From 11AM – 3PM
P.S. 217 Playground
1100 Newkirk Avenue
(at Coney Island Avenue)
Directions: Q train to Newkirk Ave, F to 18th Ave, or B68 bus to Coney Island Avenue and Newkirk.
Help reduce waste and keep our environment clean by finding new homes for your old stuff, and getting some things you can use in the process. Leftovers will be donated or recycled to every extent possible.
Bring unwanted clothing, housewares and other reusable items to share* OR simply bring a tote bag to fill. Bring friends and family too!
Everything at the FreeMeet is FREE!
Got wire hangers? Bring ‘em to the FreeMeet so we can hang clothes and recycle the hangers afterwards.
In the knowledge exchange everyday people trade what they know for what they don’t know!
The FreeMeet needs volunteers for the following tasks:
- Greeter/intake assistants: show people what’s going on and where to
unload what they’ve brought
- Organizers: sort donations into areas like clothing, housewares,
books, crafts, shoes, kids stuff, etc.
- Info table
- Clean Up Team: collect materials and sort them into donations, recyclables and trash
- Translators: offer assistance to those who don’t speak English
- Documentation: video, photography, audio, and written reporting
- Musicians: keep the event festive with happy sounds!
We will hold an optional training session for volunteers (details below), but if you can’t make it just show up and pitch in on the day of the event! If you plan to help out please send an email to email@example.com to let us know you’re coming.
FREEMEET VOLUNTEER TRAINING SESSION
This Tuesday May 5th
Brooklyn College Arts Lab (BCAL)
Brooklyn College, 2900 Bedford Avenue, 301 Roosevelt Hall