The 4th Annual Sustainable Flatbush Street Tree Walking Tour will be Sunday, April 17, the day after the Plant Swap. (It’s a busy weekend for us!) We’re following the same route as past tours, so if you’ve only been able to enjoy our fall foliage in the past, come enjoy the spring blooms!
Once again tours leave from Sacred Vibes Apothecary at 11am and 12noon. Your tour guides will be Sam Bishop of Trees NY, neighbor and gardener Tracey Hohman, and Sustainable Flatbush’s own Chris Kreussling (aka Flatbush Gardener). On the tour, you can see:
- Acer platanoides, Norway Maple
- Aesculus hippocastanum, Horsechestnut
- Amelanchier, Serviceberry
- Betula nigra, River Birch
- Cercis canadensis, Redbud
- Cornus florida, Flowering Dogwood
- Cryptomeria japonica, Japanese Red Cedar
- Ginkgo biloba, Ginkgo
- Gleditsia triacanthos, Honey Locust
- Liquidambar styraciflua, Sweetgum
- Metasequoia glyptostroboides, Dawn Redwood
- Pinus strobus, White Pine
- Platanus x acerifolia, London Plane
- Pyrus calleryana, Flowering Pear, Callery Pear
- Quercus palustris, Pin Oak
- Quercus robur ‘Fastigiata’, Columnar English Oak
- Sophora japonica, Japanese Pagoda Tree, Scholar Tree
- Tsuga canadensis, Eastern Hemlock
- Ulmus americana, American Elm
… and many more.
When: Sunday, April 17. Tours set out at 11am and 12noon. The tour lasts 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Where: Tours leave from Sacred Vibes Apothecary, 376 Argyle Road, just down the corner from Cortelyou Road, across the street from the Tot Lot, catty-corner from the Greenmarket. The route is about a mile in length, looping back to where we started.
Suggested Donation: 5$