Join friends, neighbors and volunteers for another exciting workday this Saturday at our Community Garden and Urban Farm, located on the historic grounds of the Flatbush Reformed Church Complex.
If you haven’t been to our garden workdays yet, check out some of what we’ve accomplished so far this season:
– Planted tomatoes and peppers in repurposed rice bags and installed them along the fence – a must-see!
– Planted basil, collards, cilantro, kale, chard, and other greens that are coming up nicely.
– And for the first time, we’ve harvested our own thyme, oregano and sage – using these culinary herbs in community meals at the church with enough left over for volunteers to take home and use in their own kitchens.
Here’s some of our plans for this weekend:
- * plant new seeds and seedlings
- * identify and transplant new native plants
- * clean and weed beds
- * create signage for plants
- * mulch existing pathways and create new ones . . . and much more!
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. We’ll provide the tools. Bring family, friends, and kids too!!!
WHAT: Community Garden Work Day!
WHEN: Saturday, June 23, 9:30 am to 1 pm
WHERE: Flatbush Reformed Church, East 21st Street at Kenmore Terrace [map]
Contact Sheryll (at) sustainableflatbush.org to learn more or to join the garden team.
*** Save these dates for future special workdays: Saturday July 21 and Saturday August 18
or join us for regular garden work days Wednesdays 4:30 – 6:30pm and Saturdays 9:30am – 12:30pm